Mercedes Benz Sprinter Van Water Pump
Ensure that you use the correct tools.
Each engine design is likely to have its own configuration for its belt drive system , so verify any specific instructions.
It’s essential to check the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations before attempting to replace any water pump
A CAR WATER PUMP & WHEN TO REPLACE
Gates Waterpumps recommends changing water pumps whenever belt kits are fitted & recommends the replacement of old gaskets & seals with new ones.
Do the job once! A decision to change the belt now, but not to replace the water pump at the same time, assumes that the water pump will last for another complete duty cycle of the belt. The ‘standard time’ for installing a belt kit usually includes the fitment of a water pump.
HOW TO INSTALL WATER PUMP IN 12 EASY STEPS
**Always wait until the engine is cool before working on any part of the cooling system.**
Remove the belt drive components following the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
Be aware that a considerable amount of coolant can pour out of the hose when you take it off.
Remove the hose attached to the water pump.
Remove the old water pump by Loosening the bolts.
Remove the old seal/gasket or old sealant remains & make sure the mounting surface is clean.
Inspect the other cooling system service parts: coolant hoses, thermostat and pressure cap(s) before installing the new water pump.
Do not force the pump on by striking the pump shaft while installing the new water pump. Carefully follow installation instructions.
Old gaskets & seals should be replaced by new ones. Put an even bead of sealant along the edge of the part, but don’t use too much sealant. Only apply sealant if specifically recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Too much sealant compromises the correct installation and will break off within the cooling system, contaminating it. If you do get too much sealant on the part, wipe off the excess before mounting the new water pump. Sealants are also made with different drying rates, so follow the sealant’s printed instructions.
Tighten the bolts evenly to the manufacturer’s torque specifications.
Carefully re-attach the hose.
Manually rotate the pump & make sure it rotates freely.
The belt drive system works hand in hand with the water pump.
According to Gates changing the water pump, belt & other drive components at the same time is good preventive maintenance. Make sure the belt drive system that will drive the new water pump is in perfect condition and installed following the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended procedures
Keep in mind that some leaks will become obvious when the engine is cold, but others only when it is hot.
Visually inspection to ensure there are no leaks after the cooling system refill.
When a water pump is new, some seepage from the weep hole is normal as it takes about ten minutes of operation for the pump’s internal mechanical seal to properly seat itself (break-in period). More pronounced seepage and drips from the weep hole after this break-in period or leakage from the mounting surface are abnormal and signal part failure or faulty installation.
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3.5-T Van (W906) (Year of Construction 03.2009 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3.5-T Minibus (W906) (Year of Construction 03.2009 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3.5-T Platform/Chassis (W906) (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3-T Van (W906) (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3-T Minibus (W906) (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 3-T Platform/Chassis (W906) (Year of Construction 03.2009 – …, 95 – 143 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 5-T Van (W906) (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 5-T Minibus (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 129 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ Sprinter 5-T Platform/Chassis (W906) (Year of Construction 06.2006 – …, 95 – 163 PS, Diesel)
- MERCEDES-BENZ OE-646 200 10 01
- MERCEDES-BENZ OE-646 200 16 01
- MERCEDES-BENZ OE-A646 200 10 01
- MERCEDES-BENZ OE-A646 200 16 0
- AIRTEX: 1745
- AKRON-MALÒ: 130331, 130331
- BUGATTI: PA10090
- DOLZ: M232
- GRAF: PA1006
- HEPU: P1538
- JAPANPARTS: PQ-0503
- MAGNETI MARELLI: 350982052000
- METELLI: 24-1006
- OPEN PARTS: WAP8471.00
- SKF: VKPC 88864
- SALERI SIL: PA1278